This collection of the Best Chicken Recipes for people following the Weight Watchers program includes both low point lunch and dinner recipes.
Chicken is a Weight Watchers friend! Full of goodness, it has less saturated fat than red meats and is filling and for many people is zero Points.
Whether you are looking for new and exciting lunch ideas or looking for a low point dinner recipe you will find some good choices here.
Is Chicken Zero Points?
This depends on whether you chose Chicken as one of your food choices when you first filled in your WW Personal Points questionnaire!
If you said YES to chicken then skinless boneless chicken breast will be zero points for you along with skinless, boneless ground / minced chicken.
Other chicken products such as chicken thighs, processed chicken and the dark meat will have to be pointed.
Check your WW app or with your WW coach if you are unsure about how to work out the Points.
Safety Tips for Cooking Chicken
- Wash your hands, cutting boards etc in hot soapy water immediately after they have been in contact with raw chicken.
- Keep one cutting board separate for preparing chicken & raw meat.
- Cook all chicken thoroughly. The best way of checking that chicken is cooked through is to use a meat thermometer. It should be cooked to at least 165 degree F internal temp.
- Refrigerate any uneaten chicken within two hours of cooking. Leftovers can be kept in a refrigerator and will be safe to eat for two or three days.
- A number of these recipes can be batch cooked and frozen, but you will need to check the individual recipe to make sure.