This Egg Fried Cauliflower Rice is so easy to make, tastes delicious and is zero SmartPoints on Weight Watchers Freestyle plan, myWW Blue plan and myWW Purple plan. It’s 2 SmartPoints on myWW Green plan.
If the thought of cauliflower ‘rice’ turns you off then this just may be the recipe to convert you to a different way of thinking! It’s a perfect zero point side dish for any Weight Watchers Fakeaway and is quick and easy to make.
With a side order of Egg Fried Rice setting you back around 16 SmartPoints, Chinese takeaway meals have become a thing of the past for me.
Although, with WW you can pretty much eat anything you want (as long as it’s within the points allowance), I don’t want to waste 16 SmartPoints on one side dish.
So this is a good WW alternative, an egg fried rice made with zero point cauliflower rice.
I’m not overly keen on cauliflower rice on its own. I would rather use a few extra points on having proper rice.
But with the addition of sauteed onions & carrot, peas, egg and soy sauce this turns it into something very different, with very little cauliflower taste!
It’s tasty, filling and a perfect side dish for a Chinese fakeaway!
How many SmartPoint in Egg Fried Cauliflower Rice?
Weight Watchers changed their program at the end of 2019. It now includes 3 individual plans, giving anyone following the WW program lots of choice about how they use their SmartPoint allocation.
Using the official WW recipe builder I have worked out the SmartPoints for this Egg Fried Cauliflower Rice for each of the plans.
- Freestyle Plan – 0 SmartPoints per portion
- myWW Blue Plan – 0 SmartPoints per portion
- myWW Purple Plan – 0 SmartPoints per portion
- myWW Green Plan – 2 SmartPoints per portion
Egg Fried Cauliflower Rice Tips
- If you are using fresh cauliflower, prepare it by placing the florets into a food processor and blitzing until it breaks down and resembles rice.
- Prepare all of the ingredients before starting to cook (pic 1). Chop the onion and carrot into small cubes and defrost the cauliflower rice (if using frozen) and peas.
- Fry off the onion and carrot in a large non stick frying pan until they have softened (pic 2).
- If you find that the onion starts to stick to the bottom of the pan, you can always add a tablespoon or two of water. Just make sure that you carry on cooking until all of the water has cooked off before moving on to the next step.
- Add the cauliflower rice and peas to the frying pan and stir to combine (pic 3). Cook for a couple of minutes, stirring gently till the cauliflower has cooked. Don’t over cook as you don’t want it to turn mushy!
- Make a well in the middle of the mixture and crack in two eggs. Stir them into the rice and continue cooking until all of the egg has cooked.
- Drizzle with light soy sauce. Don’t leave this ingredient out as it really makes this dish!!
- Add some sliced spring onion on top before serving.
Serve this zero point rice with 2 SmartPoint Sweet and Sour Chicken for a delicious low point meal!
What I used to make this Egg Fried Cauliflower Rice
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Visit this page to see what that means.
I used Amoy Light Soy Sauce in this recipe. It is zero SmartPoints for 1 tablespoon and is available to buy in packs of two from Amazon.
By using a good quality non stick frying pan / skillet you can reduce the amount of oil that is needed to saute & fry food.
I use Le Creuset frying pans which are available in lots of different sizes from Amazon. Although, they are expensive, they come with a limited lifetime guarantee and with proper care should last many decades!
Zero Point Egg Fried Cauliflower Rice | Weight Watchers
- 1 medium cauliflower head or 300 g of frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 120 g frozen peas defrosted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce I used Amoy
- 1 spring onion / green onion optional
- Prepare the cauliflower by pulsing florets of cauliflower in a food processor until they resemble small grains of rice. Alternatively, defrost some pre-prepared cauliflower rice.
- Heat the oil in a large non stick skillet / frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and carrot and saute until the have softened (5 minutes or so). Add the cauliflower rice and peas and stir for a couple of minutes. You want the cauliflower to be cooked but you don’t want it to cook too much and turn mushy.
- Make a well in the middle of the rice and crack in two eggs. Stir the eggs gently into the rice until the eggs have cooked.
- Drizzle the light soy sauce over the top. Serve the rice topped with sliced spring onion if using.