This Egg Fried Cauliflower Rice is so easy to make, tastes delicious and is zero SmartPoints on Weight Watchers Freestyle plan.
If the thought of cauliflower ‘rice’ turns you off then this just may be the recipe to convert you to a different way of thinking! It’s a perfect zero point side dish for any Weight Watchers Fakeaway and is quick and easy to make.
With a side order of Egg Fried Rice setting you back around 16 SmartPoints, Chinese takeaway meals have become a thing of the past for me.
Although, with WW you can pretty much eat anything you want (as long as it’s within the points allowance), I don’t want to waste 16 SmartPoints on one side dish.
So this is a good WW alternative, an egg fried rice made with zero point cauliflower rice.
I’m not overly keen on cauliflower rice on its own. I would rather use a few extra points on having proper rice.
But with the addition of sauteed onions & carrot, peas, egg and soy sauce this turns it into something very different, with very little cauliflower taste!
It’s tasty, filling and a perfect side dish for a Chinese fakeaway!
And the best bit – it’s zero SmartPoints!
Egg Fried Cauliflower Rice Tips
- If you are using fresh cauliflower, prepare it by placing the florets into a food processor and blitzing until it breaks down and resembles rice.
- Prepare all of the ingredients before starting to cook (pic 1). Chop the onion and carrot into small cubes and defrost the cauliflower rice (if using frozen) and peas.
- Fry off the onion and carrot in a large non stick frying pan until they have softened (pic 2).
- If you find that the onion starts to stick to the bottom of the pan, you can always add a tablespoon or two of water. Just make sure that you carry on cooking until all of the water has cooked off before moving on to the next step.
- Add the cauliflower rice and peas to the frying pan and stir to combine (pic 3). Cook for a couple of minutes, stirring gently till the cauliflower has cooked. Don’t over cook as you don’t want it to turn mushy!
- Make a well in the middle of the mixture and crack in two eggs. Stir them into the rice and continue cooking until all of the egg has cooked.
- Drizzle with light soy sauce. Don’t leave this ingredient out as it really makes this dish!!
- Add some sliced spring onion on top before serving.
How to serve Egg Fried Cauliflower Rice
Serve this zero point rice with 2 SmartPoint Sweet and Sour Chicken for a delicious low point meal!
What I used to make this Egg Fried Cauliflower Rice
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Visit this page to see what that means.
I used Amoy Light Soy Sauce in this recipe. It is zero SmartPoints for 1 tablespoon and is available to buy in packs of two from Amazon.
By using a good quality non stick frying pan / skillet you can reduce the amount of oil that is needed to saute & fry food. I use Le Creuset frying pans which are available in lots of different sizes from Amazon. Although, they are expensive, they come with a limited lifetime guarantee and with proper care should last many decades!
Zero Point Egg Fried Cauliflower Rice | Weight Watchers
- 1 medium cauliflower head or 300 g of frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 120 g frozen peas defrosted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce I used Amoy
- 1 spring onion / green onion optional
- Prepare the cauliflower by pulsing florets of cauliflower in a food processor until they resemble small grains of rice. Alternatively, defrost some pre-prepared cauliflower rice.
- Heat the oil in a large non stick skillet / frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and carrot and saute until the have softened (5 minutes or so). Add the cauliflower rice and peas and stir for a couple of minutes. You want the cauliflower to be cooked but you don't want it to cook too much and turn mushy.
- Make a well in the middle of the rice and crack in two eggs. Stir the eggs gently into the rice until the eggs have cooked.
- Drizzle the light soy sauce over the top. Serve the rice topped with sliced spring onion if using.