This simple, tasty one pot Chipotle Chicken Casserole is zero SmartPoints on Weight Watchers Blue, Purple and the old Freestyle plan.
If you follow the myWW Green plan then it will be 8 SmartPoints per generous portion.
Full of healthy and filling beans, it makes a perfect Weight Watchers dinner recipe.
It is easy to freeze and takes minutes to reheat in the microwave for those days you just want to eat not cook!
One of my favourite things about this Chipotle Chicken Casserole (apart from it being zero Smart Points, tasty, filling and easy to make) is that it is perfect for batch cooking.
I will often cook up double the amount and freeze individual portions for an easy meal that only take minutes to heat up in the microwave!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Visit this page to see what that means.
I tend to use reuseable freezer bags like these, available from Amazon, for keeping portions in the freezer for those days that I just want to defrost, microwave and eat!
I use one and a half teaspoons of Chipotle paste in this recipe.
Depending on the heat of the chipotle paste that you use you can increase this amount to 1 tablespoon! However, you may need to re-point the recipe if you do!
There are a load of different Chipolte pastes available to buy nowadays.
You can find them in the Condiments, sauces and spices aisles of most supermarkets.
They tend to differ on their spiciness and how much heat they add to a dish.
You may need to try a few to find your favorite.
This Olo's Chipolte Paste, available from Amazon, has a nice smoky flavour and is 0 Smart Points for 1 tablespoon.
How many SmartPoints in Chipotle Chicken Casserole?
- WW Freestyle - 0 SmartPoints
- myWW Blue Plan - 0 SmartPoints
- myWW Purple Plan - 0 SmartPoints
- myWW Green Plan - 8 SmartPoints
How to serve this casserole
I serve this Chipotle Chicken Casserole with a tablespoon of 0% fat Greek yogurt. It works really well with the smokey Chipotle flavour!
The 'tang' of Greek yogurt is minimal and almost feels like you are eating this casserole with a big dollop of sour cream!
- Use two cans of mixed beans instead of black beans and pinto beans
- Use more Chipotle paste for a spicier casserole (this may increase the SmartPoint value!)
- Swap the chicken breast for turkey breast
Looking for more WW chicken recipes? You may like these!
Chicken Fajitas | Weight Watchers
Chicken Tikka Masala | Weight Watchers
Chicken Parmesan | Weight Watchers
Chicken Alfredo | Weight Watchers
Chipotle Chicken Casserole | Weight Watchers
- 4 medium chicken breasts skinless and without bones
- 2 can tinned chopped tomatoes 2 x 400g (14.5oz) can
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning (7g)
- 1.5 tsp chipotle paste more if you like spicy!
- .5 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 can black beans 1 x 400g (14.5oz) can - drained & rinsed
- 1 can haricot / pinto / cannellini 1 x 400g (14.5oz) can - drained & rinsed
- 1 can sweetcorn 1 x 400g (14.5oz) can - drained
- 4 tbsp fat free Greek yogurt optional
- Preheat the oven to 200oC / 180oC / Gas Mark 6 / 400oF
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of a large, deep casserole dish. Top with the beans, tomatoes, corn, chipotle paste, ground cumin and Cajun seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Cover the casserole with kitchen foil (or casserole lid if you have one). Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove from the oven and remove the kitchen foil / casserole lid. Stir and place back in the oven, uncovered for a further 15 - 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Top with a tablespoon of 0% Fat Free Greek yogurt (optional).
Lili in Parigi says
Made this for the family and served with white corn tortillas (2 SPs per tortilla) and toppings of 0% Greek yogurt, diced white onion, cheese for the kids, a couple of slices of avocado and a squeeze of lime. They were well received. I thought they felt like there was a little something missing - a base of sweated onion maybe? But given how easy it was and flavourful despite having no fat or sugar, I will definitely do it again. It’s a good way of making boring chicken breast tender and tasty. Thanks!
I agree it was lacking something. I splashed on some chipotle flavored Tobasco and it fixed it for me.
Diane Milliken says
My meal came out really watery and chicken wasn’t crisp like picture. Was good tasting.
I thought it was good. When I entered the nutrition information, though, it said it is 11 points (not 8) without adding the Greek yogurt.
Thank you for your comment.
I am a little unsure how you are getting 11 SmartPoints for this recipe.
As mentioned in the recipe card, the nutritional information is automatically generated and you can not rely on it to get a correct SmartPoint value.
The ingredients for this recipe have been entered into the official WW recipe creator on the App and it comes out as 8 SmartPoints on Green plan and 0 SmartPoints on the other plans.
If you are entering all of the ingredients into the WW recipe creator and still getting 11 SmartPoints, I wonder if you are entering the undrained weight of the 2 cans of beans. Beans come in 400g (14oz) cans but once drained they typically contain 235g of beans. Obviously this varies slightly between brands but the information is provided on the can label.
I hope that helps!
Best of luck on your WW journey.
What is the serving size
Do you have any idea of the instapot cooking time conversion? It's summer and hot. Don't want to use my oven. TIA
The directions say to rinse and drain the beans, but says noting about the can of corn. I'm guessing the answer is drain it, but I'm guessing. So, drain or no drain on the corn?
Yes I drain the corn but I don't rinse it.
I'll amend the post.
Thank you for your comment 7 best of luck with your WW journey.