This simple, tasty one pot Chipotle Chicken Casserole is zero SmartPoints on Weight Watchers Freestyle / Flex plan. Full of healthy and filling beans, it makes a perfect Weight Watchers meal. It is easy to freeze and takes minutes to reheat in the microwave for those days you just want to eat not cook!
One of my favourite things about this Chipotle Chicken Casserole (apart from it being zero Smart Points, tasty, filling and easy to make) is that it is perfect for batch cooking.
Cook up double the amount (using the very useful recipe multiplier in the recipe card below) and freeze individual portions for an easy meal that only take minutes to heat up in the microwave!
I used 1/2 tablespoon of Chipotle paste in this recipe, but if you like your food spicy then you can up this amount to 1 tablespoon!
I serve this Chipotle Chicken Casserole with a tablespoon of 0% fat Greek yogurt. It works really well with the smokey Chipotle flavour! The ‘tang’ of Greek yogurt is minimal and almost feels like you are eating this casserole with a big dollop of sour cream!
- Use two cans of mixed beans instead of black beans and pinto beans
- Use more Chipotle paste for a spicier casserole
- Swap the chicken breast for turkey breast
Looking for chicken recipes? You may like these!
Did you try this recipe?
If you did and you loved it please give it a star rating below!
Oh … and don’t forget to share it via the share buttons!
Chipotle Chicken Casserole | Weight Watchers
- 4 chicken breasts skinless and without bones
- 2 cans tinned chopped tomatoes 2 x 400g (14.5oz) cans
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp chipotle paste more if you like spicy!
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 can black beans 1 x 400g (14.5oz) can
- 1 can haricot / pinto / cannellini 1 x 400g (14.5oz) can
- 400 g sweetcorn
- 4 tbsp fat free Greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 200oC / 180oC / Gas Mark 6 / 400oF
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of a large, deep casserole dish. Top with the drained and rinsed beans, tomatoes, corn, chipotle paste, ground cumin and Cajun seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Cover the casserole with kitchen foil (or casserole lid if you have one). Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove from the oven and remove the kitchen foil / casserole lid. Stir and place back in the oven, uncovered for a further 15 - 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Top with a tablespoon of 0% Fat Free Greek yogurt.