This simple, tasty one pot Chipotle Chicken Casserole is zero SmartPoints on Weight Watchers Blue, Purple and the old Freestyle plan.
If you follow the myWW Green plan then it will be 8 SmartPoints per generous portion.
Full of healthy and filling beans, it makes a perfect Weight Watchers dinner recipe.
It is easy to freeze and takes minutes to reheat in the microwave for those days you just want to eat not cook!
One of my favourite things about this Chipotle Chicken Casserole (apart from it being zero Smart Points, tasty, filling and easy to make) is that it is perfect for batch cooking.
I will often cook up double the amount and freeze individual portions for an easy meal that only take minutes to heat up in the microwave!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Visit this page to see what that means.
I tend to use reuseable freezer bags like these, available from Amazon, for keeping portions in the freezer for those days that I just want to defrost, microwave and eat!
I use one and a half teaspoons of Chipotle paste in this recipe.
Depending on the heat of the chipotle paste that you use you can increase this amount to 1 tablespoon! However, you may need to re-point the recipe if you do!
There are a load of different Chipolte pastes available to buy nowadays.
You can find them in the Condiments, sauces and spices aisles of most supermarkets.
They tend to differ on their spiciness and how much heat they add to a dish.
You may need to try a few to find your favorite.
This Olo's Chipolte Paste, available from Amazon, has a nice smoky flavour and is 0 Smart Points for 1 tablespoon.
How many SmartPoints in Chipotle Chicken Casserole?
- WW Freestyle - 0 SmartPoints
- myWW Blue Plan - 0 SmartPoints
- myWW Purple Plan - 0 SmartPoints
- myWW Green Plan - 8 SmartPoints
How to serve this casserole
I serve this Chipotle Chicken Casserole with a tablespoon of 0% fat Greek yogurt. It works really well with the smokey Chipotle flavour!
The 'tang' of Greek yogurt is minimal and almost feels like you are eating this casserole with a big dollop of sour cream!
- Use two cans of mixed beans instead of black beans and pinto beans
- Use more Chipotle paste for a spicier casserole (this may increase the SmartPoint value!)
- Swap the chicken breast for turkey breast
Looking for more WW chicken recipes? You may like these!
Chipotle Chicken Casserole | Weight Watchers
- 4 medium chicken breasts skinless and without bones
- 2 can tinned chopped tomatoes 2 x 400g (14.5oz) can
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning (7g)
- 1.5 tsp chipotle paste more if you like spicy!
- .5 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 can black beans 1 x 400g (14.5oz) can - drained & rinsed
- 1 can haricot / pinto / cannellini 1 x 400g (14.5oz) can - drained & rinsed
- 1 can sweetcorn 1 x 400g (14.5oz) can - drained
- 4 tbsp fat free Greek yogurt optional
- Preheat the oven to 200oC / 180oC / Gas Mark 6 / 400oF
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of a large, deep casserole dish. Top with the beans, tomatoes, corn, chipotle paste, ground cumin and Cajun seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Cover the casserole with kitchen foil (or casserole lid if you have one). Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove from the oven and remove the kitchen foil / casserole lid. Stir and place back in the oven, uncovered for a further 15 - 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Top with a tablespoon of 0% Fat Free Greek yogurt (optional).