Who knew you could eat American style fluffy pancakes whilst following the Weight Watchers plan and not blow your Point budget!
I certainly didn't when starting on my WW journey!
But you can .... and if you are craving sweet, fluffy pancakes that are not only tasty but also fit into your plan, then you are in the right place!
These pancakes are plump and airy, taste delicious, and work out at 2 Points per pancake on the Weight Watchers Points Plan. You can use the blue 'Add to WW App' button in the recipe card below to directly track the pancakes to your App.
If you still follow the old plans then they are 2 SmartPoints per pancake on the Blue and Purple plan and 3 SmartPoints on the Green plan.
Eating two pancakes with some low point pancake syrup and some mixed berries can work out as little as 4 Points - depending on the syrup you use.
That's pretty good for such a tasty & 'decadent' breakfast!
There are many recipes out there for Weight Watchers friendly pancakes .... and some of them are better than others!
Many of them contain banana and some of them contain high protein pancake mix. Some of them contain both, like these Kodiak Pancakes!
But sometimes I just feel like eating some 'normal' American style pancakes and that is where this recipe comes in useful!
They contain all the ingredients of traditional pancakes except for butter as this unfortunately piles on the Points!
As well as omitting butter I also slightly reduce the amount of sugar I use and I swapped out milk for fat free yogurt. This brought down the Points nicely, without affecting the taste!
Infact it reduced the Points per pancake by half (from the recipe that I used to follow!).
I also find that separating the egg before making the batter and whisking the egg white to soft peaks before adding it to the rest of the batter makes the pancakes lovely and airy and plump!
Tips for making these Pancakes!
These pancakes are just so easy to make.
The only tip that I have is to make sure that you whisk up the egg whites well - until they hold stiff peaks.
When you go to add the whisked egg whites into the rest of the batter, use a metal spoon and fold it in gently making sure that you don't knock out all of the air that you have spent time adding to the egg white!
Whisking the egg white and folding them into the rest of the batter makes these pancakes so nice and plump and fluffy!
Points in Pancakes
These pancakes are 2 Points per pancake if you follow the Weight Watchers Points plan.
If you still follow one of WW older plans, then the Points are as follows:
- Freestyle Plan - 2 SmartPoint per pancake
- myWW Blue Plan - 2 SmartPoint per pancake
- myWW Purple Plan - 2 SmartPoint per pancake
- myWW Green Plan - 3 SmartPoints per pancake
Fluffy Pancakes | Weight Watchers
- 1 medium egg separated
- ¾ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons fat free yogurt
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 5 sprays calorie controlled cooking oil
- Separate the eggs - placing the egg yolk into a small bowl and the egg white into a larger bowl.
- Whisk the egg white until it holds it shape and set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix the sugar, egg yolk, fat free yogurt, vanilla and flour until you have a smooth batter.
- Fold in the whisked egg white taking care not to knock out all the air that you have whisked in (as this is what makes these pancakes nice and fluffy)
- In a large non stick skillet warm the oil over a medium heat.
- Spoon the mixture onto the skillet using just over 1 tablespoon of mixture per pancake. This mixture is enough for 4 pancakes.
- Brown on one side before flipping and browning on the other side.
- Serve immediately with a low SmartPoint syrup and mixed berries.