If you are a Pumpkin Spice latte lover and a Weight Watcher then this recipe has you covered! It's a Pumpkin Spice Latte for Weight Watchers that works out at 3 SmartPoints per drink on the Blue, Purple & Green plans. It's sweet, pumpkiny and topped with a layer of whipped cream and a dusting of spice!
If you now follow the WW Personal Points plan you can find out how many Personal Points this recipe will be for you & track it on your WW App by clicking on the blue button in recipe card below!
A Starbucks tall Pumpkin Spice Latte made with non fat milk and no whipped cream works out at 9 Points - so this recipe is quite a Point saving!
And as for a Starbucks Venti with whole milk and whipped cream 😳 .... well ... that comes out at an eye watering 24 Points per drink! That's over my Points total for a day!
Coming from Europe I never really 'got' the pumpkin spice madness that came about every Fall in the US.
However, as many of you may know from reading my posts over the last few years, I now spend time in North America where I have developed the taste for all things pumpkin spice!
It's not to everyones taste I know, but I just love it and I particularly like Starbucks pumpkin spice lattes and their pumpkin scones!
But since starting my WW journey, I haven't wanted to use all of my dailies on treats like these - even though I knew I could if I really wanted to 'treat' myself every now and again.
So, a couple of years ago, I developed Pumpkin Spiced Scones which are less than a third of the Points of the Starbucks ones. And recently I thought it was about time I also tried to develop a WW friendly Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe!
Iv'e been trying out a few recipes & here is what I've come up with 😋 I think it's really good and does a good job of being a Starbucks copycat!
If you make it, let me know what you think - either below or on my Instagram or Facebook page!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Visit this page to see what that means.
Ingredients in this Pumpkin Spice Latte
- I used unsweetened almond milk in this recipe. Using unsweetened almond milk decreased the Points but really didn't change the overall flavour of the latte.
- Skimmed milk may increase the Points in this recipe. You can check this in the App.
- Use pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling in this recipe! Pumpkin pie filling is something different altogether and will increase the SmartPoints significantly if you use it!
- I used a strong black coffee - just use your regular brand!
- I used McCormick's Pumpkin Pie Spice which I found at my local supermarket. You can also buy it from Amazon.
- I used regular sugar in this recipe - of course you could use sweetener, but I prefer the latte made with sugar.
- To top the latte off, I used a couple of spoonfuls of Lite Cool Whip.
- If you are in the UK (where you can't get Cool Whip!) try using Anchor Light Squirty Cream instead!
- Lastly, I dusted the top of the latte with just a little bit of cinnamon!
Points in this recipe!
Click on blue button in the recipe card below to find out exactly how many Personal Points this Pumpkin Latte will be for you! You can also track it directly to your App using the same button (you will need to be logged in to your WW App for this to work)!
For those following one of the older WW plans, I worked out the SmartPoint values for this Weight Watchers friendly Pumpkin Spice Latte using the official WW recipe builder and it worked out as follows.
- myWW Blue plan - 3 SmartPoints
- myWW Green plan - 3 SmartPoints
- myWW Purple plan - 3 SmartPoints
- Freestyle plan - 3 SmartPoints
Pumpkin Spice Latte | Weight Watchers
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk * (250ml)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- ¼ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ cup strong black coffee (180ml)
- 2 tablespoons lite Cool Whip*
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Use a small saucepan to slowly heat up the milk, sugar, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice, stirring or using a small metal whisk to combine all the ingredients.
- Once the mixture is hot, small bubbles will start to appear around the edge of the pan - once this happens remove from the heat (you don't want the mixture to boil).
- Add the ¾ cup of hot strong black coffee to the mixture and whisk to combine.
- Pour into a mug and top with a couple of tablespoons of Lite Cool Whip and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Enjoy whilst hot and remember to track!
More Weight Watchers Pumpkin Spice Recipes
If, like me, you love pumpkin spice then you should take a look at these Weight Watchers friendly pumpkin spice recipes.
Leave a comment!