If you are looking for a tasty, filling and easy to make salad then this Best Chicken Salad for Weight Watchers is hard to beat! A mix of succulent chicken, celery, green onions and grapes all smothered in a mayonnaise dressing, it's the perfect dish to serve at any summer BBQ, potluck or family get together.
Not only is it tasty but it's low point too! Check how many Points it is for you by clicking the blue 'WW Personal Points' button in the recipe card.
Following one of the older plans? Then it is just 1 SmartPoint per serving on the Weight Watchers Blue and Purple plans and 3 SmartPoints on the Green plan.
But of course you don't have to be a Weight Watcher to enjoy this dish! I've served it to my friends and family who love it but have been non the wiser that it's a WW friendly recipe!
Although this salad is a summer favourite of mine, I also make it through the winter months.
A cupful of this creamy chicken salad spooned on top of a warm baked potato is a real treat on a cold winter night and a serving of it in a sandwich bun or low point tortilla wrap makes for a tasty but low Point lunch any time of the year.
Ingredients used in this salad
I usually use pre-cooked skinless chicken breast in this recipe (for convenience) but of course you could cook the chicken breasts yourself if you'd prefer.
See this helpful article on How to Cook Moist and Tender Chicken Breast - but just remember that you will need to add on Points for any oil that you use to cook the chicken.
I use a mixture of low fat mayonnaise, fat free natural yogurt, dijon mustard and salt and pepper for the dressing.
Using purely mayo hikes up the Points too much but I've found that by using a mix of mayo and yogurt the salad has a lovely creaminess but with minimal Personal Points.
One of the great things about this salad is that you can mix up the rest of the ingredients - if you really love grapes, then add some more, if you are partial to celery then you can double the amount! Don't like green onions, then leave them out! It really is that simple ????
Heap a serving of the salad (a scant cup) onto a warm baked potato for a low point comforting dinner!
Serve inside a sandwich bun or in a low point tortilla wrap for a really tasty lunch!
Points in Chicken Salad
Click on blue button in the recipe card to find out exactly how many Personal Points a serving of this salad will be for you! You can even track it directly into your App (you will need to be logged in to your WW App for this to work)!
If you still follow one of the older WW plans, then I had previously worked out the SmartPoint values for the official WW recipe builder and a scant cup serving was as follows.
- myWW Blue plan - 1 SmartPoints per portion
- Freestyle plan - 1 SmartPoints per portion
- myWW Green plan - 3 SmartPoints per portion
- myWW Purple plan - 1 SmartPoints per portion
This salad will keep well in the fridge in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days. Just give it a bit of a stir before serving.
I have never tried freezing this recipe and to be honest I wouldn't suggest you try it. I wouldn't think that it would freeze well!
Best Chicken Salad | Weight Watchers
- 3 cups chicken - cooked & chopped (400g)
- 3 - 4 stalks celery
- 3 green onions / spring onions
- 1 ½ cups grapes (225g)
- 1 - 1 ½ tsp dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup reduced fat mayonnaise (75g)
- ½ cup fat free natural yogurt (120g)
- Salt & pepper
- Tear or cut up the chicken into bite size pieces and add to a medium sized bowl.
- Top and tail the celery and slice into small pieces and add to the chicken
- Dice the green onions and add to the bowl.
- Chop the grapes in half (this depends on the size of grapes that you use) and add to the rest of the ingredients.
- In a small bowl combine the mustard, mayonnaise and natural yogurt.
- Spoon the mayonnaise dressing onto the rest of the ingredients and gently mix.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve & remember to track!