These delicious Blueberry & Lemon Scones are just 5 SmartPoints per scone on Weight Watchers Freestyle or Flex plan.
I’ve called these Blueberry & Lemon Scones, ‘scones’ but technically, I don’t think they really are scones! Whatever they are, they taste good & are relatively low in SmartPoints and that’s really all I’m concerned about!
This post contains affiliate links. Visit this page to see what that means.
Whatever I should be calling them, these Blueberry & Lemon Scones will definitely hit the spot if you are after something sweet to eat whilst following the Weight Watchers plan.
And at just 5 SmartPoints per scone, they are relatively low in SmartPoints.
A bonus for a sweet treat ????
They are packed full of plump, juicy blueberries which gives them an extra bit of sweetness.
I also added some lemon zest which gives the scones a hint of citrus freshness.
I added some fat free yogurt which added a bit of moistness.
And I added some eggs (which is the ingredient that turned them from being scones to being non scones!).
If you like the look of these Blueberry & Lemon scones, you make also like to take a look at these Pumpkin Spiced Scones.
Tips for making these Blueberry & Lemon Scones:
- Use the tips of your fingers to rub the low fat spread into the flour and lemon zest (pic 1)
- Once the spread is rubbed into the flour the mixture should resemble breadcrumbs (pic 2)
- Add the blueberries and sugar (pic 3) and stir before adding the whisked eggs.
- Once you have mixed the eggs into the dried ingredients, add the yogurt tablespoon by tablespoon until you have a soft but still sticky dough (pic 4).
- Tip the dough onto a prepared baking sheet and form into a circle about 1.5 cm thick. Use a floured knife to mark out the eight scones (pic 5). This will make it easier to break (or cut) once baked.
What I used to make these scones:
I used a Silpat to line my baking sheet. Silpats are available from Amazon in a number of different size & shapes.
I used Flora Light in this recipe, which works out as 10 SmartPoints for 100g
You could omit the lemon zest if you prefer.
If you like your scones (or non scones ????) glazed, then whisk an egg and brush it over the top of the scones before baking.
More baked treats:
This wonderful moist Apple Cake
These 5 SmartPoint Blueberry Muffins
This 5 SmartPoint Raspberry Jam Sponge.
Blueberry & Lemon Scones | Weight Watchers
- 240 g Plain flour / all purpose Flour sifted
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 75 g low fat spread
- 1 lemon zest
- 60 g blueberries
- 40 g caster sugar / superfine sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 - 3 tbsp fat free yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 190oC / 170oC Fan / Gas Mark 5. Line a baking sheet with grease proof paper or a silicone sheet.
- Place the flour, baking powder and lemon zest in a large bowl. Add the low fat spread. Used your fingers to rub the spread into the flour. Once finished it should resemble breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and blueberries.
- Whisk the eggs and add to the dry ingredients. Use a spoon to mix into a dough. Add the fat free yogurt tablespoon by tablespoon until you have a soft but still quite sticky dough.
- Tip the dough onto the lined baking sheet. Flour your hands and dust the top of the dough with flour before shaping the dough into a circle about 1.5 cm thick. Using a sharp knife mark out the 8 scones (this will make it easier to break into individual pieces once baked).
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 - 20 minutes until it has risen and has turned golden brown. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool before breaking into individual scones. Serve warm.