This simple, tasty Pea Soup is just 1 SmartPoint per bowl on Weight Watchers Freestyle plan, Blue plan and Purple plan.
It is 4 SmartPoints per portion on the Green plan.
The recipe is so easy and makes a great tasting, healthy soup that is low enough in SmartPoints that you can treat yourself to a slice of Low Point Bread to go with it!
It's especially good if you are looking for a low point lunch that is quick to throw together.
The recipe is also perfect for batch cooking as it holds up in the freezer so well.
But if you are going to freeze this Pea Soup, do so without the yogurt as freezing it with yogurt may cause it to separate when thawed.
Double or triple the amount of soup, portion it out into freezer bags or containers and stash in the freezer for easy, go to lunches or snacks!
As this soup is so low in SmartPoints, you may fancy a slice or two of bread with it.
So what Breads are low in SmartPoints?
If you are looking for some low SmartPoint bread options to go with your Pea Soup then why not take a look at this selection of Low Point Breads (USA) or these Low Smart Point Breads (UK).
How I made this soup!
- I fried the garlic and spring onion in a large saucepan spritzed with calorie controlled spray oil until the onions had started to break down.
- Once the onions were beginning to break down and soften I added the stock and the frozen peas and I brought them to a boil.
- I then reduced the heat so that they were just simmering.
- After 10 minutes of simmering, I removed them from the heat and seasoned with a little salt and pepper.
- I then used a handheld immersion blender to blend the soup until it was nice and smooth.
- I served the soup with a swirl of fat free natural yogurt and some ground black pepper but of course this is optional!
The equipment I used.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Visit this page to see what that means.
I used an immersion blender like this one, available from Amazon, to blend the soup.
If you are looking to batch cook your soup, you may be interested in these reusable containers, available from Amazon, they are microwave, freezer and dishwasher safe.
- Use minted garden peas and garnish with a sprig of mint.
- If you don't have spring onions/scallions, use a small onion instead.
More Weight Watchers Soup recipes!
If you liked this recipe you may like this Carrot & Coriander Soup recipe, or perhaps this Butternut Squash and Red Chilli Soup recipe.
Looking for a spicy soup, you will love this recipe for Tom Yum Soup!
Pea Soup | Weight Watchers
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves chopped finely
- 5 green onions / spring onions or 1 small onion - finely chopped
- 2¾ cups frozen peas (400g)
- 2½ cups vegetable stock (600ml) made with 1 stock cube / bouillon
- salt and ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp fat free yogurt optional
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the chopped garlic and chopped onions and fry for 3 minutes or so until the onions have started to break down.
- Add the vegetable stock and frozen peas and bring to the boil. Once they have come to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat, season with a little salt and pepper.
- Use a handheld immersion blender to blend the soup (or a liquidiser if you prefer). Serve garnished with a tablespoon of fat free natural yogurt and ground black pepper.
Jaq Underwood says
Made it today.. Delicious
JOANNE O'Brien says
Please use ounces, not g or ml
I made it exactly as directed in the recipe. It was extremely easy to make and was delicious! I'll double or triple the amount next time to have some ready in my freezer.