This simple, tasty Pea Soup is just 1 SmartPoint per bowl on Weight Watchers Freestyle / Flex plan.
The recipe is so easy and makes a great tasting, healthy soup that is low enough in SmartPoints that you can treat yourself to a slice of Low Point Bread to go with it!
This Pea Soup is excellent if you are looking for a low point lunch that is quick to throw together.
The recipe is also perfect for batch cooking as it holds up in the freezer so well.
But if you are going to freeze the soup, do so without the yogurt as freezing it with yogurt may cause it to separate when thawed.
Double or triple the amount of soup, portion it out into freezer bags or containers and stash in the freezer for easy, go to lunches or snacks!
As this Pea Soup is so low in SmartPoints, you may fancy a slice or two of bread with it ????
or if you are from the UK
What I used for this recipe:
I used an immersion blender like this one, available from Amazon, to blend the soup.
I love these Denby Soup Bowls, available from Amazon.
If you are looking to batch cook your soup, you may be interested in these reusable containers, available from Amazon, they are microwave, freezer and dishwasher safe.
- Use minted garden peas and garnish with a sprig of mint.
- If you don’t have spring onions/scallions, use a small onion instead.
If you liked this recipe you may like this Carrot & Coriander Soup recipe, or perhaps this Butternut Squash and Red Chilli Soup recipe. Looking for a spicy soup, you will love this recipe for Tom Yum Soup!
This post contains affiliate links. Visit this page to see what that means.
Did you try this recipe?
If you did and you loved it please give it a star rating below!
Oh … and don’t forget to share it via the share buttons!
Pea Soup | Weight Watchers
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves chopped finely
- 5 spring onions / scallion or 1 small onion - finely chopped
- 400 g frozen peas
- 600 ml vegetable stock made with 1 stock cube / bouillon
- salt and ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp fat free yogurt optional
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the chopped garlic and chopped spring onions and fry for 3 minutes or so until the onions have started to break down.
- Add the vegetable stock and frozen peas and bring to the boil. Once they have come to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat, season with a little salt and pepper.
- Use a handheld immersion blender to blend the soup (or a liquidiser if you prefer). Serve garnished with a tablespoon of fat free natural yogurt and ground black pepper.