This tasty, filling Carrot & Coriander Soup is zero points per bowl on Weight Watchers Freestyle / Flex plan. A perfect taste explosion of sweet carrot and citrusy coriander (cilantro) seeds, this soup really won’t disappoint.
I love this Carrot & Coriander Soup! It will fill you up, yet it’s zero SmartPoints per bowl. Double the quantities and freeze it (before adding the garnishes) in individual portions and you have yourself an easy zero point lunch (or snack) whenever you want!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Visit this page to see what that means.
I made this soup the old fashioned way, with a saucepan and a stove top 😀
But it is easy to make in a soup maker if you prefer!
Just follow the manafacturers instructions.
I particularly like this Morphy Richards soup maker, available from Amazon.
I used dried coriander seeds in this recipe. Crushed, they have a slight citrus flavour, so are a perfect pairing for the carrots.
I used a pestle and mortar, similar to this one, to grind the coriander seeds.
If you don’t have a pestle and mortar, just place the seeds in a small freezer bag and crush them by giving them a good bashing with a rolling pin!
Why not eat a big bowl of this tasty zero SmartPoints soup with a slice or two of Low Point Bread!
More Weight Watchers Soup Recipes:
If you like this soup recipe, you may like these:
2 SmartPoint Spinach and Pea Soup,
1 SmartPoint Butternut Squash & Red Chilli Soup
or if you like spicy, how about this 1 SmartPoint Tom Yum Soup!
Did you try this recipe?
If you did and you loved it please give it a star rating below!
Oh … and don’t forget to share it via the share buttons!
Carrot & Coriander Soup | Weight Watchers
- 600 g carrots peeled and chopped
- 3/4 tbsp coriander seeds
- Frylight / Pam
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 1/3 pint vegetable stock made with 1 stock cube/ bouillon
- 2 tbsp coriander / cilantro chopped
- 2 - 4 tbsp fat free natural yogurt optional
- Place the coriander seeds in a frying pan (with no oil) over a medium heat and cook for 2 - 3 minutes, stirring to make sure that they don't burn. They should begin to look toasted and smell wonderful! Take off the heat, put in a pestle and mortar and grind coarsely.
- Place a large saucepan over a medium heat, cover the bottom with 8 - 10 sprays of Frylight and add the crushed garlic. Stir for a minute before adding the chopped carrot and most of the ground coriander seeds. Turn down the heat to low, place the lid on the saucepan and cook for 5 minutes before adding the stock. Season with salt and pepper and then bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes until the carrots are tender. Leave to cool for a bit before using a hand immersion blender to blend the soup.
- Before serving, garnish with a spoonful of fat free natural yogurt, the left over crushed coriander seeds and some fresh chopped coriander / cilantro.