These Smoked Salmon Breakfast Muffins are so easy to make, are delicious and are zero SmartPoint on the Weight Watchers Blue and Purple plans. They are 2 SmartPoints per muffin on the Green plan.
If you follow the WW Personal Points plan you can find out how many Personal Points this recipe will be for you & track it directly into your WW App by clicking on the blue button in recipe card below!
If you love frittata, then you will love these breakfast muffins.
They are essentially just mini frittatas that are cooked in a muffin tin.
As well as being sooooo simple to make, they store well and can be placed in the freezer for up to a month.
They are also filling, which means they make a great WW breakfast or snack option.
And did I mention that they are zero smartpoints on the Blue & Purple plan and only 2 smartpoints on the Green plan!!
Tips for making these Egg Muffins
- Use a good quality non-stick muffin tin.
- Make sure that you grease the muffin tins well. Use your calorie controlled spray oil - one spritz in each of the muffin tin holes is sufficient.
- Try to evenly distribute the mixture between each of the muffin tin holes.
- The mixture should come up about ⅔rds of the way up the hole.
- When cooking, try not to open the oven for the best puffed up muffins!
How do I store them?
The muffins can be be kept in the fridge in an airtight container for 2 or 3 days.
I would suggest that you place a little paper towel in the bottom of the container and one piece over the top of the muffins - just to keep them extra fresh.
If you are wanting them to last longer than that I would suggest that you freeze them.
Warm them in the microwave in 10 second interval bursts!
Can you Freeze the muffins?
For best results I would suggest that you follow these steps when freezing these smoked salmon breakfast muffins.
- Make sure that the muffins are completely cold.
- Wrap them individually in plastic wrap.
- Place in a freezer safe bag
- Freeze for up to a month.
Reheating breakfast muffins
I would suggest that you follow these steps to reheat these muffins!
- If you are reheating muffins that have been in the fridge, warm them in the microwave at 10 second bursts till warm throughout. Alternatively you can heat them in a preheated oven for 5 - 8 minutes.
- If you are wanting to reheat muffins that have been in the freezer - remove from the freezer bag and the plastic wrap
- Wrap in a paper towel.
- Heat in the microwave at 20 second bursts until they are warmed through.
- If you haven't got access to a microwave I would suggest that you let the muffins defrost at room temperature and then place them in a preheated oven for 5 - 8 minutes until they have warmed through.
More WW Egg recipes.
If you like eggs - one of the WW blue and purple plans 'zero heroes' - then you may like to take a look at these recipes!
This Egg Salad is very popular and is 1 SmartPoint on the Blue and Purple plan and 5 SmartPoints on the Green plan.
These Baked Egg Custard are sweet, smooth & creamy and make a great low point WW dessert. They are 3 SmartPoints on the Blue and Purple plans and 4 SmartPoints on the Green plan.
Ever heard of Scotch Eggs? If not you're missing a treat. These wonderful (extremely filling) snacks are just 2 SmartPoints per portion on the Blue and Purple plans and 5 SmartPoint of the Green plan.
Smoked Salmon Breakfast Muffins | Weight Watchers
- 12 medium eggs
- 4 tbsp skimmed milk
- 4 oz packet of smoked salmon (chopped) (120g)
- 1 tablespoons of chopped chive / dill
- 1 Pinch of salt
- Black pepper
- Calorie controlled spray oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 160°C fan / 360°F / Gas mark 4.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl
- Add the skimmed milk
- Add a pinch of salt (the smoked salmon is salty so just a pinch will do!)
- Add a good grinding of black pepper
- Beat thoroughly.
- Stir in the chopped up salmon and the chives / dill
- Spray the bottom of a 12 hole muffin tin with a little calorie controlled oil.
- Spoon the egg & salmon mixture into the muffins tin, making sure that each of the holes has some of the smoked salmon pieces and some of the chives / dill!
- Place the muffin tin into the centre of the oven for 25 - 30 minutes until they have set and have turned golden brown.
- Remove from the muffin tin and serve warm for best results!