This delicious, filling and easy to make Potato Salad is just 2 SmartPoints per portion on Weight Watchers Freestyle / Flex program.
Potato salad is a must for any bar-b-que! It makes a great accompaniment to meat and salad and is simple and easy to make.
Store brought potato salad can be very high in SmartPoints.
Sainsbury’s Potato salad is 7 points for 1/2 a pot (or 5 SmartPoints per 100g) so it’s far better (& probably healthier & tastier) to make your own.
If you can’t find Hellmann’s Lighter than Light Mayonnaise or Kraft Fat Free Mayo you can use one of the following mayaonnaises and adjust your point calculations accordingly.
- Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise – add 4 SmartPoints per portion!
- Hellmann’s Light Mayonnaise – add 1 SmartPoint per portion.
- Hellmann’s Olive Oil Mayonnaise – add 4 SmartPoints per portion!
- Kraft Light Mayonnaise – add 1 SmartPoint per portion
- Great Value Mayo Light – add 1 SmartPoint per portion
For the best results try and use small waxy potatoes in your Potato Salad, as these hold their shape better after cooking.
I used Jersey Royals but you could also use Yukon Gold or Yellow Fin, both which work well.
Chop up the potatoes into bite size pieces (about 2 – 3 cm big). The more uniform the chunks of potato are, the more evenly they will cook.
Looking for other side dishes for your Bar-B-Que?
Zero Point Baked Beans
Did you try this recipe?
If you did and you loved it please give it a star rating below!
Oh … and don’t forget to share it via the share buttons!
Potato Salad | Weight Watchers
- 500 g potatoes see text for suggestions
- 4 tbsp Hellmann's Lighter than Light Mayonnaise or Kraft Fat Free Mayo
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 2 chives finely chopped
- salt and pepper to season
- Cut the potatoes into chunks approx 3cm big. Try and make the chunks as equal in size as possible so that they cook evenly.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil over a high heat. Carefully tip the potatoes into the boiling water and bring it back to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes until the potatoes are cooked through but still hold their shape.
- Whilst the potatoes are cooking finely chop the onions and set aside.
- Remove the potatoes from the heat and drain in a colander. Tip into a bowl with the chopped onions and allow to cool.
- Spoon the mayonnaise over the potatoes and onion and stir so that all the potatoes are covered with mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper and top with chopped chives.