This tasty and simple to make Grilled Halloumi Flatbread is just 6 SmartPoints on Weight Watchers Freestyle / Flex plan. It makes a satisfying, light and summery Weight Watchers lunch that can be thrown together in less than 15 minutes!
Halloumi (or squeaky cheese as a friend calls it!) is one of my favourite cheeses. I love the texture, its robustness and the deep salty flavour.
And grilled Halloumi is just perfection!
The full fat version works out at about 12 SmartPoints per 100g, whereas the light version works out at 8 SmartPoints (depending on the brand).
I used the light version in this recipe as, once grilled, I find it difficult to tell the difference between the full fat and light version. So, like any sane cheese lover, I decided I would rather have more cheese for my points than go with the higher point version.
What Flatbreads can I use?
In the UK
I used Deli Kitchen Seeded Flatbread thins in this recipe - 3 SmartPoints per flatbread
Tesco, Sainsbury and Morrisons all do folded seeded flatbreads - 3 SmartPoints per flatbread
In the USA
Flat Out Fold it / Flat Out Hungry Girl, available in major stores - 2 & 3 SmartPoints per flatbread
Variations to this Grilled Halloumi Flatbread recipe
- If you can't find flatbreads use low SmartPoint pitta breads or tortilla wraps.
- If you don't like balsamic vinegar on your salad, try one of these.
Did you try this recipe?
If you did and you loved it please give it a star rating below!
Oh ... and don't forget to share it via the share buttons!
Grilled Halloumi Flatbread
- 2 flatbreads I used Deli Kitchen seeded flatbread (3SP)
- 80 g light halloumi
- frylight or pam spray oil
- 2 tomatoes
- ½ small cucumber
- lettuce romaine or little gem
- balsamic vinegar optional
- Cut a 80 g wedge of Halloumi cheese and carefully slice it into 4. Lightly spray the cheese with spray oil.
- Chop the tomatoes, lettuce and cucumber into small bitesize pieces. Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar, if using, toss and set aside.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan over a medium hot heat and grill the cheese slices for approximately 2 minutes on each side (or until the cheese is marked / coloured)
- Fill each flatbread with a 'handful' of salad and 2 grilled Halloumi slices