This simple crab spaghetti with chilli and garlic uses fresh crab and is 9 Smart Points on Weight Watchers Freestyle plan. The pasta makes up the majority of the Smart Points in this recipe but its's just one recipe that I didn't want to swap pasta with vegetable spaghetti.
If you want to swap the pasta for a zero point 'spaghetti' such as courgetti or butternut squash noodles then this will bring the points down to 3 Smart Point per serving. Worth a try!
This restaurant style dish is something that you can serve to friends and they will never guess that it is Weight Watchers friendly.
The addition of brown crab meat means that the sauce becomes creamy and rich and it tastes heavenly!
This is a very comforting bowl of food and if you are lucky enough to live somewhere that you have easy access to fresh picked crab, then I can almost guarantee that this dish will become one of your go to dishes.
Who knew that you could have something as tasty and decadent as crab spaghetti when following the Weight Watchers program? I certainly didn't before I started my Weight Watchers journey!
Like Seafood? Then you may like these recipes!
6 SmartPoint Prawn Risotto
8 SmartPoint Sri Lankan Prawn Curry
- 240 g spaghetti
- 1 chilli (deseeded and chopped finely)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 200 g fresh white crabmeat
- 100 g fresh brown crabmeat
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 40 ml white wine
- Coriander (optional)
- Boil a large pan of lightly salted water and add the spaghetti. Stir and cook as packet instructions.
- Whilst the spaghetti cooks, heat the oil in a large pan. Add the chopped chilli and the garlic.
- Cook gently until the garlic and chilli sizzle and become fragrant (be careful not to let the garlic brown)
- Add the wine and turn up the heat and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Once the wine has reduced slightly, remove from the heat and add the brown meat and half of the white meat.
- Once the pasta has cooked, strain the water and add the pasta to the crab sauce and mix till the pasta is coated with the creamy sauce. Check the seasoning, adding a little salt if needed.
- Divide between 4 bowl and top with the remaining white meat. Top with fresh coriander for presentation.