This vegetarian Chickpea Lentil Curry is just 1 Smart Point on Weight Watchers Freestyle plan, myWW Blue plan and myWW Purple plan. It is 6 SmartPoints for anyone following the WW Green plan. A filling & tasty Weight Watcher vegetarian dinner recipe.
What a great and filling recipe for very few points.
I often make a couple of batches of this recipe, divide it up and freeze it.
I can then grab a portion out of the freezer in the morning and warm it through in the evening for an easy, tasty and very filling meal.
Talking about batch cooking – do you ever get in a mess with measurements when trying to double or treble recipe quantities? I used to until I started using this recipe resizer . You just type (or cut & paste!) your recipe into it, click a button and it will resize it by servings or by recipe! It works for both cup measurements and for grams. How good is that?
Sometimes I eat the curry with a garlic naan bread for a 5 Smart Point meal. Sometimes, if I am really hungry and wanting to push the boat out, I eat it with a garlic naan and rice! A really filling, tasty meal for so few points!
How Many SmartPoints in Chickpea Lentil Curry
Weight Watchers changed their program at the end of 2019. It now includes 3 individual plans, giving anyone following the WW program lots of choice about how they use their SmartPoint allocation.
Using the official WW recipe builder I have worked out the SmartPoints for this Chickpea & Lentil Curry for each of the plans.
- Freestyle Plan – 1 SmartPoint per serving
- myWW Blue Plan – 1 SmartPoint per serving
- myWW Purple Plan – 1SmartPoint per serving
- myWW Green Plan – 6 SmartPoints per serving
If you are following the myWW Purple Plan you can serve this low point curry with a small portion of brown rice for no extra SmartPoints!
If you are following any of the other plans and you serve this curry with rice, you will need to work out the SmartPoints for the rice separately
Chickpea Lentil Curry recipe alternatives!
- Use chopped fresh veg rather than frozen mixed veg
- Serve with a Garlic Naan Bread rather than rice for just 5 Smart Points (on Freestyle, Blue and Green)!
- Use split peas rather than lentils.
- 1 small red onion, (chopped finely)
- 2 garlic cloves, (chopped finely)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 can (400g) chopped tomatoes
- 1 can (240g when drained) chickpeas
- 1/2cup (100g) lentils
- 1/4 cup (50ml) water
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1.5 cups (approx 200g) frozen mixed vegetables
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the chopped onion and saute until transparent. Add the chopped garlic and saute for 1 or 2 minutes being careful not to burn.
- Add the chili powder, turmeric, smoked paprika, ground coriander, and ground cumin and cook for 2 - 3 minutes stirring to stop it sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the tin of chopped tomatoes, the drained chickpeas, lentils and water and stir. Bring to the boil then turn down the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Once the curry has been simmering for 20 minutes the lentils should be tender and the sauce should have reduced. Add the garam masala, the salt and pepper and frozen mixed veg and stir to combine. Bring back to a simmer and cook for a further 10 - 12 minutes until the veg is cooked through.
Please be aware that the nutritional information below has been automatically generated and does not account for variations in product brands and types, weights of individual ingredients etc. It should therefore be considered as an estimate.
PointedKitchen.com has calculated Weight Watchers Smart Points based on the individual ingredients used to make this recipe and not from the following nutritional information.
PointedKitchen.com is not responsible for any loss or damage relating to your reliance on this nutritional information.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 235Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 342mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 12gSugar: 8gProtein: 11g
Please be aware that the nutritional information above has been automatically generated and does not account for variations in product brands and types, weights of individual ingredients etc. It should therefore be considered as an estimate. PointedKitchen.com has calculated Weight Watchers Smart Points based on the individual ingredients used to make this recipe and not from the following nutritional information. PointedKitchen.com is not responsible for any loss or damage relating to your reliance on this nutritional information.