If you are looking for an easy to make, low Point meatloaf then look no further! This Turkey Meatloaf, made with ground turkey breast is very few Points if you are a Weight Watcher and works out at under 190 calories per slice.
If you follow the new WW Personal Plan then a serving of this Turkey Meatloaf will works out between 2 & 4 Points depending on your choices. To find out exactly how many Personal Points it'll be for you & to track it in your WW App click on the blue button in recipe card below!
If you still follow the old plan then it is just 2 SmartPoints per generous slice on the Weight Watchers Blue and Purple plans and 4 SmartPoints per slice on the WW Green plan.
It is tasty, moist and is topped with a delicious tangy tomato sauce that adds perfectly to the overall taste. It works out under 190 calories per slice, making it a great choice for anyone counting calories!
Also, importantly (to me at least!) it is simple to make and is freezer friendly! Why not make a couple and freeze one for a healthy, comforting Weight Watchers dinner any day of the week.
Please be aware that this post was written prior to Weight Watchers changing to the WW Personal Points Plan! You can discover exactly how many Personal Points this recipe will be for you by clicking on the blue ‘WW Personal Points’ button in the recipe card below.
Most meatloaf recipes use ground beef or a mixture of ground beef and ground pork but for this one, to keep the SmartPoints really low, I have used ground turkey breast.
Ground turkey breast is zero SmartPoints if you follow the Blue or Purple plans - it has to be pointed if you follow the Green plan.
Just ensure you pick up ground turkey breast - as ground turkey (which will include turkey thigh etc) needs to be pointed as it includes more fat.
If you are looking for a Weight Watchers friendly meatloaf recipe that includes beef then take a look at this hugely popular recipe for the Best Meatloaf.
To help keep this meatloaf nice and moist and to enhance the flavour, I grate the onion instead of finely chopping it.
Of course you don't have to do this, but I do think it improves the texture & flavour so why not try it!
For added flavour, I also add a little Worcestershire sauce, a little salt and pepper, some tomato paste/puree and a crumbled up stock cube / bouillon cube.
Ground Turkey breast can be a little lacking in flavour so these additional ingredients really help to add some yumminess.
Of course the sweet / tangy sauce that tops the meatloaf adds to the overall taste too!
Tips for making this recipe!
- Place the ingredients (excluding the low sugar tomato sauce, a tablespoon of the Worcestershire sauce and the mustard) into a large bowl (picture 1)
- Mix the ingredients together, either with your hands or with a fork but make sure not to overwork it (picture 2).
- Empty the mixture into a non-stick loaf pan. My one measures 8 inches by 4 inches (picture 3)
- Alternatively, you can shape the mixture into a free form meat loaf on a non stick baking sheet - but beware if you make it too long and flat you will need to readjust the cooking time.
- Spread the tomato sauce mixture on top of the meatloaf (picture 4) prior to baking.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Visit this page to see what that means.
Can I freeze this meatloaf
Yes you can!
Freeze the meatloaf prior to cooking. Wrap the whole thing in saran wrap and then a layer of kitchen foil. You can even buy disposable meatloaf pans to make things super easy!
Defrost the meatloaf thoroughly before cooking and make sure that the internal temp of the meatloaf reaches at least 165°F before serving.
It can be kept in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How many SmartPoints in this Meatloaf?
Using the official WW recipe builder I have worked out the SmartPoints for this Turkey Meatloaf for each of the plans.
- Freestyle Plan - 2 SmartPoint per generous serving
- myWW Blue Plan - 2 SmartPoint per generous serving
- myWW Purple Plan - 2 SmartPoint per generous serving
- myWW Green Plan - 4 SmartPoints per generous serving
How I worked out the SmartPoints
I calculated the Weight Watchers SmartPoints for this Turkey Meatloaf using the official WW recipe builder.
Please note that the nutritional information in the recipe card below has been automatically generated and will give you an inaccurate SmartPoint value if you add it to your WW calculator.
This is because it does not account for any of the ingredients being zero SmartPoints on the WW plans. Nor does it account for variations in product brands and types, weights of individual ingredients etc.
Turkey Meatloaf Personal Points
A slice of this Turkey Meatloaf works out between 2 and 4 Points on the Personal Points plan! The exact number will depend on what you chose to include in your Zero Point food list!
Click on blue button in the recipe card to find out exactly how many Personal Points a slice of Turkey Meatloaf will be for you & to track it in your App (you will need to be logged in to your WW App for this to work)!
Turkey Meatloaf | Weight Watchers
- 1 ¼ pound ground turkey breast / turkey breast mince
- 1 medium onion grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium egg
- ¼ cup skimmed milk (60ml)
- ½ cup dried breadcrumbs (60g)
- 1 ½ tsp tomato paste / tomato puree
- 1 chicken stock cube / bouillon cube
- ½ tsp ground sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce divided
- 7 tbsp reduced sugar tomato ketchup I used Heinz 50% less sugar & salt tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F
- Start by grating the onion into a large bowl! This may seem like a strange thing to do but it really helps with both the flavour and texture of this meatloaf.
- Add the ground turkey, the minced garlic, the egg, milk, breadcrumbs and tomato paste.
- Crumble over the stock cube / bouillon cube and add the ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Add one tablespoon of the Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix till the ingredients are well combined.
- Place the mixture into a small loaf pan (mine measured 8 inches by 4 inches).
- In a separate bowl combine the remaining Worcestershire sauce with the tomato ketchup and the yellow mustard.
- Spoon the sauce onto the top of the meatloaf and spread out using the back of the spoon.
- Place in the middle of a preheated oven and cook for 50 - 55 minutes.
- The internal temperature should reach 165°F to ensure that the turkey is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy and remember to track!
I am shocked at how delicious this was! We loved it! The only thing I did different was left out the onion and added a packet of dry onion soup mix instead. This is definitely my new meatloaf recipe.
Thank you for your comment & I am so pleased that you enjoyed this recipe.
What a great idea to sub the onion with dry onion soup mix instead ..... I'm going to try that.
Best of luck with your WW journey.
Deron G says
This was the first recipe I’ve tried. I started WW 3 weeks ago. This is so easy to make and I’m not a cook.. The grated onion is brilliant. I slice it and have meatloaf lettuce wraps during the week.
If you don’t have bread crumbs for the turkey meat loaf can you use oatmeal or crackers
Really liked this recipe and will make again. Had to make a few modifications based upon what I had on hand. Used oats instead of bread crumbs and sugar-free ketchup (Primal brand).