If you are looking for a new & tasty way to use zero SmartPoint ground turkey breast, then this Turkey Burger may be the recipe for you!
The burger is just 1 SmartPoint on Weight Watchers Freestyle plan. It is 1 SmartPoint on the WW Blue and Purple plans and 3 SmartPoints on the Green plan.
Read on for serving ideas and tips and hints for making this Turkey Burger or simply jump straight to the recipe.
Serve this Turkey Burger in a low SmartPoint burger bun and top with tomato, onion, lettuce and mayo for a low point, tasty dinner.
Sometimes I just want a burger!
But sometimes (read most times) I don't have the spare 10 - 15 SmartPoints to indulge in one!
That is why I love this burger so much.
It's 1 SmartPoint per burger and if you serve it in a low SmartPoint burger bun with some lower point condiments you can really feel like you are indulging for very few SmartPoints.
My kind of meal 😀
I am sure I am not the only one who finds that ground turkey breast can be kind of dry and tasteless!
Well this ground Turkey Burger is no such thing. It is succulent, tasty and flavoursome.
The ground turkey is mixed with grated shallot and mustard, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. This gives the burger a good meaty flavour.
So when you are next craving a burger, try it. I am sure you won't be disappointed.
Tips for making this Turkey Burger:
- I use shallots rather than onions in this recipe because of their milder flavour. However, I've also made the burgers using a small onion (rather that two shallots) and it worked out just as well. It was just a bit more oniony!
- Grate the shallots rather than chopping them for a better flavoured, better textured burger.
- If you get any watery liquid from the shallots when you've grated them, discard it and just use the pulp. The burger mix is quite a wet mix so you really don't want any added moisture. I've found that grated shallots give out less liquid than grated onions.
- Give the burger mixture a good seasoning with salt and pepper before shaping into patties.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Visit this page to see what that means.
- There are a number of lower SmartPoint burger buns on the market.
- If you live in the UK, Warburton's do a 4 SmartPoint Seeded Burger Bun and Iceland do 4 SmartPoint frozen burger.
- From the US? Then, Sara Lee do a 2 SmartPoint 80 Calories & Delightful burger bun and a 4 SmartPoint Whole Grain White Hamburger Bun.
- Bulk out your burger with zero point accompaniments like lettuce, tomato and thinly sliced onion
- Add a dollop of this Zero Point Spicy Salsa, for a bit of a kick!
- Use Heinz 50% less sugar tomato ketchup or if you live in the US, use Heinz No Added Sugar Tomato Ketchup.
- Look out for lower SmartPoint mayonnaise, such as Hellmann's Lighter than Light Mayonnaise or Kraft Fat Free Mayonnaise.
- Top with a slice of low fat cheese. Take a look at this list of Low Point Cheese for ideas!
What I used in this recipe:
I used Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce, available from Amazon.
This Dijon Mustard, available from Amazon, is my favourite!
I used Heinz 50% less sugar tomato ketchup which works out at 1 SmartPoint per 2 tablespoons. If you use Heinz No Added Ketchup this also works out at 1 SmartPoint per 2 tablespoons.
Did you try this recipe?
If you did and you loved it please give it a star rating below!
Oh ... and don't forget to share it via the share buttons!
Turkey Burger | Weight Watchers
- 2 shallots grated
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- ½ tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp ketchup reduced sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil for frying
- Place the ground turkey into a bowl. Add the grated shallots, mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper. Combine the mixture before shaping into 4 patties.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet / frying pan. Once hot, fry the burgers for 4 - 5 minutes each side, moving around the pan to prevent them from sticking. Once they are nicely browned and cooked through, remove from the heat.
- Serve in a burger bun, topped with sliced tomato, onion, lettuce and mayonnaise.