If you are looking for an easy zero point salsa recipe that uses fresh tomatoes then you will love this recipe. It is a perfect, healthy condiment to Mexican dishes. Or you can use it as a dip for low point crackers. At zero SmartPoints per serving on Weight Watchers Freestyle plan, this salsa really is a great choice.
This salsa is packed full of healthy, fresh ingredients and what’s more it is really tasty!
It is quick to make and lasts for up to 5 days if kept refrigerated.
It makes a great accompaniment to Mexican style dishes such as Fajitas and Burritos.
It also makes a fantastic dip for your low point crackers such as these (if you are from USA / Canada)…
… or these if you are from the UK 😀
I used cherry tomatoes in this zero point salsa recipe (as I had a glut of them from my garden) but you could use plum tomatoes or something similar. Just reduce the amount of tomatoes that you use! You want about 1 heaped cup of chopped tomatoes.
Zero Point Salsa
- 12 cherry tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 scallions chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 chili peppers de-seeded and chopped
- coriander / cilantro finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Finely chop the tomatoes and scallions and mix together. Add the minced garlic and stir.
- Remove the seeds from the chili pepper and chop very finely before adding to the rest of the ingredients.
- Finely, add the chopped coriander and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve as a accompaniment to fajitas or as a dip with low point crackers. The salsa will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.