These great tasting Swedish Meatballs are smothered in a rich creamy sauce. Serve them nestled on top of a pile of courgette (zucchini) noodles for a delicious low Point dinner.
If you follow the WW Personal Points plan you can find out how many Personal Points this recipe will be for you & track it directly to your WW App by clicking on the blue button in recipe card below!
If you are still following the Weight Watchers Blue, Purple, Green or old Freestyle plan a generous serving of these Swedish Meatballs will be 6 SmartPoints!
Scroll straight to the recipe, or if you would like some Weight Watchers tips and hints or some tweaks that could reduce the SmartPoints further, read on.
These meatballs are lovely served with noodles, rice or with a serving of creamy mashed potato for an ultimate comfort meal.
If you have ever been to IKEA (and who hasn't) you will probably have seen, or perhaps even eaten, their meatballs covered in a thick creamy sauce.
Well this recipe is a Weight Watchers friendly take on those yummy meatballs.
According to IKEA's nutritional information, their meatballs with cream sauce would set you back 21 Points and that doesn't include the mashed potato!
That would set you back a further 4 Points (depending on the plan you follow)!
So Ikea's meatballs with mashed potato would be more than my daily food allowance - wow!
With this recipe you get between 3 and 4 meatballs per portion (depending on the size of your meatballs) and a good helping of thick and creamy sauce.
Serve with a small serving of creamy mashed potato for a real IKEA experience & for just an extra couple of points!
I've tried this recipe a number of different ways.
I experimented with mixing the onion into the meatballs and also by adding the diced onion to the gravy.
I've tried grating the onion and I've tried dicing the onion ( yes, I've eaten a lot of meatballs over the past couple of weeks).
I prefer this recipe, with diced onions mixed into the meatballs! It makes for a tastier meatball with a creamier gravy!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Visit this page to see what that means.
What I used to make these Swedish Meatballs:
Use a large nonstick skillet like this one, available from Amazon.
I used this Spiralizer, available from Amazon, to make the courgette noodles that I served with these Swedish Meatballs.
I used Lightest Philadelphia cream cheese in this recipe.
- You can serve these meatballs with pasta, rice, mashed potato or mashed sweet potatoes for extra Points.
- Serve with zucchini noodles, carrot noodles, spaghetti squash or butternut squash mash for no extra Points.
- Use turkey breast mince and reduce the Points if turkey / chicken is on your zero point list.
- I used Lightest Philadelphia cream cheese in this recipe. If you use Philadelphia light cream cheese this may add additional Points to the whole recipe.
Points in Swedish Meatballs
Click on blue button in the recipe card to find out exactly how many Personal Points these meatballs will be for you! You can even track them straight into your App (you will need to be logged in to your WW App for this to work)!
If you still follow any of the old WW plans then the Points will be as follows:
- myWW Blue plan - 6 SmartPoints per serving
- myWW Green plan - 6 SmartPoints per serving
- myWW Purple plan - 6 SmartPoints per serving
- Freestyle plan - 6 SmartPoints per serving
More WW Meatballs recipes:
Swedish Meatballs | Weight Watchers
- 2 cups extra lean mince / ground beef (450g)
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs (25g)
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1⅔ cup beef stock (400ml) made with one stock cube / bouillon
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 6 tbsp light Philadelphia cheese (100g)
- Place the mince/ground beef, onion, breadcrumbs, allspice, nutmeg, garlic powder, pepper, salt and egg in a large bowl. Using clean hands mix until all the ingredients are combined.
- Roll into 16 - 18 small meatballs and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan / skillet and over a medium heat add the meatballs, turning until they are brown all over and are cooked through. Remove from the skillet and place on plate and cover until needed.
- Still with the pan on a medium heat, add a couple of tablespoons or stock to the pan. Use a wooden spoon to de-glaze the pan by scraping all the browned bits from cooking the meat into the liquid so that it melts. Add the Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard and the rest of the beef stock and stir.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce has reduced by a half.
- Reduce the heat further to a low heat and stir in the Philadelphia cheese, making sure that it has all melted before adding the cooked meatballs. Stir and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve on courgette / zucchini noodles, or with rice or potatoes or noodles if you have the SmartPoints to do this.