These Oat Raisin Cookies are 4 Smart Points per portion on Weight Watchers Blue, Green and Freestyle plans.
They are 3 SmartPoints per cookie on the WW Purple plan.
As well as being a tasty and very satisfying low point treat, they are also easy to make.
They freeze very well if you want them out of temptations way!
Since I started my Weight Watchers journey I have tried to be sensible and not eat too many snacks between meals. I no longer buy packets of biscuits as they were (one of) my biggest downfalls.
If I ate one biscuit, I would find myself eating the whole packet or at least half the packet.
Thankfully my mindset has changed since starting Weight Watchers and I no longer find myself craving packets of biscuits so often.
However, every now and again I do really fancy a cookie and these Oat Raisin Cookies just hit the spot. They are sweet, buttery and what is more they are filling.
I really don't think I would be able to eat my way through the whole batch even if I tried. One is enough to fill me up and satisfy the cravings nowadays.
These Oat Raisin Cookies also freeze really well.
If you make the batch of 12 cookies and don't trust yourself not to eat the whole lot in one sitting just pop them in the freezer and take them out one at a time when needed.
Although raisins are quite high points I think that the extra sweetness that they bring justify the additional points.
Oat & Raisin Cookie
- 1.25 cup Oats
- 1 Egg
- 3.5 tbsp low fat spread
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 3 tbsp Soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- .5 cup Wholemeal flour
- .5 cup Raisins
- 1 pinch Cinnamon
- 1 pinch Mixed spice
- Preheat oven to 180oC / 160oC Fan / 350oF
- Place the oats, flour ,spices, baking powder and raisins in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Melt the Lurpak light in a small saucepan over a low heat and once melted pour over the dry ingredients.
- Add the honey, sugar and egg and mix thoroughly until all the ingredients are combined. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Place tablespoons of the cookie mixture onto a lined baking sheet and squash down slightly.
- Bake in the middle of the preheated over for 12 - 16 minutes until the cookies are golden.
- Leave to cool for 10 - 15 minutes on the baking tray before transferring to a wire rack.