If you ever wanted to know what the best fast food for Weight Watchers is then, you're in luck! I've listed below some of the lower point choices that you can make when the craving for fast food hits! Choose wisely and you can still eat it and keep within your WW Points!
Now, there will be people who don't think that this post is suitable for a Weight Watchers blog, but I'm human & I know that I am sometimes I crave eating fast food! And I guess that I'm not the only one! I realise that fast food can't / shouldn't be eaten on a regular basis whilst following the plan, but as a once in a while treat it can work with the plan!
So how to balance Weight Watchers with our occasional craving for fast food.
Well, Weight Watchers is all about embracing a lifestyle that's full of balance, mindfulness, and flexibility. It's a way of life & that life shouldn't be about restricting the occasional fast food burger if that's what you want! Use your weeklies, plan ahead and perhaps swap that double cheese and bacon burger with extra fries for something less Point heavy!
Luckily, the fast food world has also been making some serious changes recently. It's not just about fries and burgers anymore – you can now find salads, grilled goodies, and even plant-based options at your favorite fast food joints.
Nutritional info is always available - just ask or even better look it up online before going out so you can plan ahead & choose something that fits with your Points allowance.
You can swap fried chicken burger for chicken nuggets or have a 6 inch sub with pepperjack cheese, turkey, pickles and tomatoes rather than a meatball marinara wrap.
To help you out, I have listed some of the lower Point fast food dishes from ten of the most popular fast food places. Where applicable I have stated the size of the dish and I have given the Point values (Points plan 2023).
So, the next time you're eyeballing that drive-thru menu, remember – you've got this!
- Egg McMuffin - 8 Points
- Egg McMuffin Meal (includes McMuffin, Hash Brown & Coffee) - 13 Points
- Small Fries - 7 Points
- Large Fries - 9 Points
- Chicken McNuggets (4) - 5 Points
- Chicken McNuggets (6) - 7 Points
- Sausage Burrito - 10 Points
- Filet o Fish - 13 Points
Chicken McNuggets are now my go to when I visit McDonalds. My old favourites, Apple Fritters and Hotcakes are 22 Points & 26 Points respectively so I don't go there anymore! A Big Mac is 19 Points so I stick to my 5 Point McNuggets!
- Hamburger - 9 Points
- Cheeseburger - 11 Points
- Chicken Nuggets (4) - 6 Points
- Onion Rings - 6 Points
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich - 9 Points
Watch out if you order a Burger King chicken sandwich! The Grilled Chicken Sandwich may be 9 Points but the Original Chicken Sandwich is 22 Points! A Whopper is 24 Points and medium fries are 11 Points, meaning an eye watering 35 Points for something that I used to eat way to too often!
Chick Fil A
- Grilled Chicken Nuggets (12) - 0 Points
- Nuggets (8) - 7 Points
- Chick n strips (3) - 8 Points
- Egg White Grill Sandwich - 7 Points
- Chicken Sandwich - 13 Points
- Buffalo Sauce - 1 Point
- Honey Mustard Sauce - 3 Points
- BBQ Sauce - 3 Points
- Progresso Chickpeas (½ cup) - 0 Points
Chick Fil A is a popular fast food joint for people following the Weight Watchers plan. Go for the Grilled Chicken Nuggets if you want a zero Point meal! A Chicken Biscuit is 16 Points and medium waffle fries are 13 Points, so perhaps stay away from those!
- Italian White Bread (6 inch) - 6 Points
- Hearty Multigrain Bread (6 inch) - 5 Points
- Bacon Strips (2) - 3 Points
- Rotisserie Chicken (per serving) - 1 Point
- Turkey Breast - 0 Points
- Lettuce, Tomatoes, Pickles, Onions, Cucumber - all 0 Points
- Provolone cheese (for 6 inch) - 2 Points
- Pepperjack cheese (for 6 inch) - 2 Points
- American Cheese (for 6 inch) - 2 Points
- Light Mayo (for 6 inch) - 2 Points
- Tuna Salad (no dressing) - 7 Points
- Avocado or guacamole (for 6 inch) - 2 Points
At Subway it's fewer points if you go for a six inch Italian White Bread or Hearty Multigrain Bread rather than a wrap. A plain wrap is 11 Points whereas the breads are 6 and 5 Points respectively. Stay away from the Genoa Salami - it's 14 Points!
- Blackened Handcrafted Chicken Tenders (5) - 3 Points
- Kids Chicken Nuggets (4) - 7 Points
- Chicken Leg (Mild) - 5 Points
- Cajun Fries (regular) - 9 Points
- Red Beans and Rice (regular) - 6 Points
- Mashed Potato with Cajun Gravy (regular) - 4 Points
Popeye's Blackened Handcrafted Chicken Tenders with a side of Mashed Potato with Cajun Gravy would be just 7 Points whereas one large portion of large cajun fries is 28 Points! Beware of the Chicken Sandwiches - both the classic and the spicy ones are 25 Points. The Shrimp Po Boy is 23 Points.
- Soft Taco with Chicken - 4 Points
- Soft Taco Supreme with Chicken - 5 Points
- Soft Taco with Beef - 5 Points
- Soft Taco Supreme with Beef - 7 Points
- Chicken Chipotle Melt - 5 Points
- Beef Enchirito - 9 Points
- Power Menu Bowl with Grilled Chicken - 9 Points
- Fresco Bean Burrito - 6 Points
- Fresco Soft Taco with Grilled Chicken - 3 Points
- Black Beans - 0 Points
There are a number of dishes you can order from Taco Bell to keep Points low such as soft tacos filled with beef or chicken. Chicken Quesadilla are 17 Points and Grilled Cheese Burrito would set you back 25 Points.
- Chili (Small) - 5 Points
- Chili (Large) - 7 Points
- Grilled Chicken Wrap - 9 Points
- Junior Hamburger - 8 Points
- Cobb Salad (no dressing) - 8 Points
- Crispy Chicken Nuggets (4) - 6 Points
- Spicy Chicken Breast (no roll) - 7 Points
- Apple Bites - 0 Points
- Crispy Chicken Patty (no roll) - 5 Points
Watch out for Wendy's Ranch and Caesar Dressings as they are 9 Points per serving. A Baconator is a whopping 35 Points, Dave's single burger is 22 Points and a Taco Salad is 20 Points, so perhaps stick to nuggets or chili!
- Roast Beef Slider - 5 Points
- Chicken Slider - 7 Points
- Small Curly Fries - 7 Points
- Chicken Tenders (3 pieces) - 10 Points
- Roast Turkey Slider - 5 Points
- Buffalo Chicken Slider - 8 Points
- Classic Roast Chicken Sandwich - 9 Stories
- Arby's Melt - 11 Points
A Roast Beef Slider from Arby's with a small portion of curly fries can be eaten for 12 Points which isn't bad for a fast food meal! Don't be fooled and order the Pecan Chicken Salad Sandwich though, as it will set you back 25 Points and a Reuben Sandwich is 21 Points.
- Hamburger Patty (without bun) - 8 Points
- Little Hamburger - 18 Points
- Little Fries - 15 Points
It's difficult to find anything on the Five Guys menu that are low in Points! Sorry! Items to stay away from are the Bacon Cheeseburger (36 Points), Regular Fries (27 Points) and Cheeseburger (29 Points).
- Avocado Toast - 6 Points
- Breakfast Taco - 5 Points
- Egg & Cheese Wake Up Wrap - 5 Points
- English Muffin - 6 Points
- Bacon, Egg & Cheese Wake Up Wrap - 6 Points
The home of donuts has a couple of dishes that are lower in Weight Watchers Points. You may just want to stay away from the Sourdough Breakfast Sandwich for 20 Points or the Grilled Cheese which is 17 Points.
As always, please feel free to comment. If you have any suggestions on what low Point dishes to choose when visiting a fast food joint, please let me know so that it can be shared with other Weight Watchers reading this post!