These banana fritters take minutes to make and are a tasty & satisfying Weight Watchers dessert . Each banana fritter is 5 SmartPoints on the Weight Watchers Freestyle program. By substituting the sugar with granulated sweetener you could reduce the points even further.
I used mini tortilla wraps from Co-op at 3 Smart Point per wrap.
I cut a large banana in half and wrapped each half in a wrap, secured it with cocktail sticks and then fried them lightly in a teaspoon of vegetable oil. I have tried these banana fritters using a calorie controlled cooking oil spray to fry, but the fritters turned out better with vegetable oil.
I’ve also just discovered Deli Kitchens Skinni Wraps, a bigger wrap for the same SP value as the Co-op mini ones, so you may want to try those out for more fritter for your buck!
The fritters needed turning often to ensure that they didn’t catch on the bottom of the pan. Once they were golden brown and crunchy looking I took them out of the frying pan and rolled them in the sugar / cinnamon mix.
I used sugar rather than granulated sweetener for this recipe, but obviously you could reduce the SP value even further by substituting the sugar for sweetener.
Ways to reduce the Smart Points in this recipe!
- Use one Deli Kitchens Skinni Wrap (3SP) to wrap the banana, cut fritter in half – each half 4 Smart Points
- Swap the granulated sugar for granulated sweetener
Once the banana fritters were coated in sugar and cinnamon I plated them up & then drizzled them with Sweet Freedom Choc Shot !
This post contains affiliate links. Visit this page to see what that means.
- 1 banana large
- 2 mini tortilla wrap I used co-op
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp sugar you could use granulated sweetener
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp choc shot or other sugar free syrup
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon on a small plate and set aside.
- Cut the banana in half and wrap each piece with a mini tortilla wrap, securing the ends with cocktail sticks.
- Heat a tsp of oil in a medium frying pan and fry the wrapped bananas, turning often, until all sides are golden brown.
- Remove from the heat and immediately roll in the sugar/cinnamon mix until coated.
- Remove the cocktail sticks from the fritters and serve warm, drizzled with choc shot.